Dr. Foster was serving as president of Hannibal-LaGrange College when its St. Louis extension center was established at Tower Grove Baptist Church in 1957. The original enrollment of sixty-eight students grew as did support for the establishment of a Baptist college in greater St. Louis.
A building site was purchased in 1965, and in 1966 Dr. Foster became the joint President of HLG and MBC. Groundbreaking ceremonies were held in 1967, and in 1968 the campus opened for the first time with 186 students. Dr. Foster continued to lead the College until his retirement in 1970.